Still on the Straight and Narrow

Monday, January 11, 2010




No, that isn’t me behind those bars.

For those of you who read my first post, I haven’t started a Ponzi scheme yet. And I pray I will never have the urge to do so.

That’s because I’m a Christian, and I take my faith seriously.

Some of you may wonder, “if her faith is important to her, why didn’t she mention it in her first post?”

I left it out intentionally.

My faith comes first, even before my family. (Although if God asked me to give them up for Him, I’m sure I’d argue with Him at first or delude myself that it wasn’t His voice I was hearing. But let’s hope it never comes to that.) However, I don’t want non-Christians to come to my blog and decide they don’t belong here. Making my Christianity too up-front could discourage readers who are not committed Christians (or, or as some of you may describe us, Christians who should be committed). I’m not writing this blog for Christians. I am writing it for you, Christian or not.

If I have an impact on your life, I want it to be because you see Christ in me, not because I’m cramming my beliefs down your throat.

That is also my writing philosophy. I write from a Christian viewpoint but with a heart for all readers. My first (and so far only) published book is In God We Trust: How the Supreme Court’s First Amendment Decisions Affect Organized Religion (FaithWalk Publishing, 2006). As the title suggests, it looks at an issue of special interest to Christians, but it is of equal interest to practicing Jews, Muslims, and even acknowledged atheists. And the position the book takes is not uniquely Christian—in fact, it tries to just give you the facts and not take a position at all.

The novels I am currently working on follow a similar approach. While they are written for a primarily Christian audience and do employ a Christian worldview, my goal is to tell a story you can’t put down.

So Christian or not, I hope you’ll come along for the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment