Travel Records

Monday, January 14, 2019



Regular readers of this blog know that Roland and I love to travel. We have already booked international trips for this year and next and are currently planning our vacation for the year after that (2021). We even think we know where we want to go in 2022.

Roland gave me a map for Christmas to track our joint travels. Actually, he was honest enough to put both of our names on it as recipients. It’s hard to see in this size, but the red pins are places we have already been, the blue flags are for our next trip (or actually the next two, since we have two booked), and the green pins mark just of few of the other places we would like to go.

Saturday we braved the snow and went to the Chicago Travel and Adventure Show. While there, we expanded our list of places we’d like to visit, although we haven’t put them on the map yet.

Unless I’m specifically traveling to research a book, I don’t write about the places I visit. Vacation travel is for fun and relaxation, although our definitions may be different than yours. My idea of fun is a trip that expands my mind, and my relaxation comes from walking and history rather than lying on a beach.

Even though our vacations don’t show up in books or articles, I do keep a record of them by taking pictures and describing the highlights in emails to family and friends. After all, everyone wants to remember the good times.

And travel is always a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment