The Source of Peace

Monday, February 5, 2024

 

I won’t go into the details, but I had a tough several days with eyesight issues that could have affected my lifestyle. I’ve since learned that there is no permanent damage, but even before I knew that, God had given me peace.

Thursday’s devotion was especially helpful because one of the readings was Psalm 31. These selected verses from the ESV speak to my eyesight issues but also to other hardships in life.

3For you are my rock and my fortress;

     and for your name’s sake you lead me and guide me;

4you take me out of of the net they have hidden for me,

     for you are my refuge.

5Into your hands I commit my spirit;

     you have redeemed me, O Lord, faithful God.

6I hate those who pay regard to worthless idols,

     but I trust in the Lord.

7I will rejoice and be glad in your steadfast love,

     because you have seen my affliction;

     you have known the distress of my soul,

8and you have not delivered me into the hand of the enemy;

     you have set my feet in a broad place.

 

14But I trust in you, O Lord;

     I say, “You are my God.”

15My times are in your hand;

     rescue me from the hand of enemies and from my persecutors!

16Make your face shine on your servant;

     save me in your steadfast love!

 

24Be strong, and let your heart take courage,

all you who wait for the Lord!

 Whatever your situation may be, I pray these verses give you peace, too.


2 comments:

Gordon Stamper, Jr. said...

Thankful that you're doing better and thank you for your posts.

Anonymous said...

I used these same verses to give me peace during a health issue years ago.

Post a Comment