Summer Flowers

Monday, August 10, 2026

 

I try to walk for at least an hour three times a week, although other commitments sometimes interfere. Today’s blog post is given over to photos of flowers I see along my regular walking paths. I’m not good at identifying flowers, but I had help from an app, so hopefully I got them right.

The photo at the top shows tiger lilies, which have always been one of my favorite flowers.

This photo of butterweed was taken along Schoon Ditch, just south of Munster High School.


I’m pretty sure this is mock orange, but it’s the one I had the hardest time identifying.


This next one is spiderwort.


Finally, these orange daylilies are everywhere along my walking paths. This particular one is past its prime, and I do have a better picture of one that isn’t, but I like the buds and the “arms” in this photo.


Next week I’ll treat you to dragonflies.


No comments:

Post a Comment