Although
I never made it to this year’s Lake County Fair because of the devastating
storms, my photos did. The fair itself was closed for several days due to the
power outage and downed trees, but the exhibit drop-off and the judging both
occurred before that. And when I picked up my photos after the fair closed, I
discovered how I had done.
I
submitted 22 photos and received two third-place ribbons. Would I have liked to
have done better? Of course. But considering the quality of the competition, I
consider that a fair showing.
The
photo at the head of this post received third in the Advanced Color/Portrait group.
I love this photo that I took in Vietnam, but it didn’t do well in my camera
club competitions, so I am pleased that it earned a ribbon at the fair.
The
other white ribbon came in the Advanced Color/Lake County Fair group for a
photo of a 4-H color guard for one of the riding competitions. That’s the photo
below.
I wish I could have made it to the fair and seen everybody else’s entries, but I’m glad some people were able to see the photo exhibition.
And
I’m proud that my photos were part of it.


No comments:
Post a Comment