Chasing Ribbons

Monday, August 5, 2019


I’ve been entering my photographs in the Lake County Fair since 2015. Here is a breakdown.

·       In 2015, I entered four photos in the beginners’ division. I won a red ribbon for a black and white photo in the nature/scenic category. That photo showed a waterfall flowing under a bridge. (To see the image, go to my August 7, 2017 blog post.)

·       In 2016, I entered seven photos in the beginners’ division. I won a white ribbon for a black and white photo in the architecture category. That photo showed an outdoor fire escape and can also be seen in my August 7, 2017 blog post.

·       In 2017, I entered twelve photos in the advanced division. I won a blue ribbon for a color photo in the domestic/farm animals category. That photo showed a ewe and her lamb, and you can see it in my August 14, 2017 blog post.

·       In 2018, I entered seven photos in the advanced division and received no ribbons. I was satisfied with the quality of my entries, however.

Now to 2019. I entered eleven photos in the advanced division and won three ribbons. The picture at the top of this post shows my second-place color entry in the insect category. The next two show my third-place entries in the black and white floral and the black and white architecture categories.
 

Although I’m proud of my accomplishment, I’m not stopping here.

Next year continues my quest for that elusive blue ribbon.

No comments:

Post a Comment